Sunday, March 09, 2008

LIKE GIANT DOLLOPS OF WHIPPED CREAM
It being almost St. Patrick's Day, I was patting myself on the back about the relative lack of snowfall this year -- normally we get well over one-hundred inches and we'd only had about fifty. As usual, I opened my mouth too soon. Between Friday night and this morning, we had twenty-eight inches of whipped cream applied to every outside surface. The snow was so deep, my poor dog, a rollicking, 90-pound lab, couldn't figure out how to get through it. I had to tramp out a path for him. Even then, he wasn't sure going outside was a good idea. Thankfully, I convinced him otherwise.
Ah spring! I can't wait.

2 comments:

Josephine Damian said...

Lorra: When I lived in NY I remember only one time when it snowed on St. Pat's. Still gotta be better than the hurricanes and tornadoes we have here in "sunny" FL.

I see you're fighting the blogger addiction, and winning! Good for you. Me? I'm learning to pace myself and plan on taking the entire summer off. My motto: There's a time to write and a time to promote yourself. Kinda hard to find time for both, at least it is for me.

Good luck with the betas!

Lorra said...

Thanks for the good wishes, Josephine. You're right about time: there's never enough of it.